SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 15, 2016

Dorm Shopping on a Budget




The summer before you begin your first year of college revolves around "preparing for next year" and that includes shopping for your very first shared 12x12 room!!! Dorm shopping can get expensive really quickly, you are buying al new living essentials! So here are my favorite places to dorm shop on a budget.


My top 5 stores to buy college must-haves

1. Target

Okay well Target is the perfect place to buy anything and everything for your dorm. I constantly find myself going back to Target to buy more and more dorm room stuff. So far I have purchased bedding, an ironing board, a Britta water filter, and a hamper from Target and I'll probably buy more things from there next week lol.





2. Bed Bath and Beyond

In my opinion Bed Bath and Beyond is basically just like Target when it comes to dorm shopping. Bed Bath and Beyond also always has 20% coupons so that is a plus.




3. Tuesday Morning

Tuesday Morning is definitely a hit or miss, but when I went this past week I would categorize it as a hit. Tuesday Morning has an abundance of odd and random things you probably forgot you need to buy for college. I got all of my towels from here (they were just as nice and WAY cheaper compared to Bed Bath and Beyond and Target), as well as some thin felt hangers.

4. At Home

I'm not sure if this is a new store or what but let me tell you it is a GREAT time, if you're into the whole home decor/interior design scene. Just make sure you're not in a time crunch when you come here because it's huge and time consuming.






5. DormCo

DormCo is my only online store on this list but it is great for buying those "dorm specific" items that are more difficult to find in stores. I recently ordered some desk hutches from here that are the perfect size for the desk that comes in my dorm room which will give me even more storage. I also ordered a twin sized tempurpedic mattress topper because those beds need all the help they can get!! 








For more ideas on shopping for your dorm, check out my Pinterest!










xo - Delaney

Post a Comment